Thursday, July 10, 2008

Boys Blankets



I made these blankets a few weeks ago now. It started with Master B who is 2 years old...he just loves Dorothy Dinosaur AKA "Doh-ra-tee Di-o-saw". I managed to get some Wiggles fleece fabric in the clearance section at Spotlight for half price. I sewed about 10cm in from the edges then cut and tied strips the whole way around. I received one as a gift when Miss G was born and really loved it.

Master R (7) and Master C (4) were extremely jealous. So when my Mum and Sister came to visit we went and picked out some plain but bright fleece and 2 car motifs, one each, then us ladies got to work and had them done in no time at all. I am really pleased with the end result. They use the blankets for when they are sitting on the lounge watching TV. Master R even took his in for his news day at school.

I have purchased more fleece in lovely designs for all the upcoming births in our circles of family and friends.

No comments: