Sunday, July 13, 2008

Spotlight Bliss


My trip to Spotlight on Thursday night was pure bliss. 2 hours child free, browsing Spotlight. It would have been longer than 2 hours but the store had to close at 9pm!! My friend and I will be making it a monthly thing as it was so enjoyable just dawdling around and being able to touch the fabrics and browse as slowly as we wanted to. There was a severe weather wearning here for that night which meant the store was very quiet- even better!


I purchased so many lovely things and have already put them all away so wont photograph. (Have photographed one gorgeous fabric that I will be using to make some cushion covers and possibly a handbag that was only $6 a metre). I bought several different types of fabric I needed then also some I didnt need yet but were on clearance so too good a bargain to pass up on!


I stocked up on zippers, elastic, bias binding, thread, chalk etc.


I then went into Spotlight on Saturday for a few things I had missed! More elastic and also some tulle and other gorgeous materials and bindings to make some Tutu/Fairy skirts for Georgia. Her first birthday is getting closer and she will be wearing a fairy costume so I want to start practising soon.

No comments: